For many contracting professionals, it can feel like a struggle to find and keep quality home improvement contractor leads. Marketing and networking play a crucial part in growing a successful business, but experiencing an occasional slow growth period is a normal part of business ownership.
When you need some help to source new leads, a professional lead generator is the perfect way to give your business the extra push it needs. But with a business to run, there’s no time for sifting through pages of Google search results for the best pros. That’s why we’ve got you covered with these tips on how to find the best contractor-specific lead generation sites.
Seek advice from other pros
Contractors who have already seen success with lead generation sites will likely have plenty of recommendations for your search. Here are a few tips for narrowing down their suggestions to find your perfect fit.
- Find out how long they used the services. A long-term relationship with a lead generation site, whether good or bad, is likely to be more informative than a one-off trial or experience. Likewise, if their one bad experience is the only time they’ve tried a lead generation site, it may just be luck of the draw. Finding out how many companies they’ve trialled before can help you determine where any potential faults lie.
- Do your research. You might be content to take other professionals at their word, but a little research into their own sales process could help you make an informed decision about their lead generation references. If a contractor has a bad reputation for sales, any poor experiences with lead generation sites may well not be the fault of the sites themselves. Many professionals lose leads before they’ve even made a sales pitch by failing to follow-up with potential clients who respond to their ads. Contractors who have sub-par communication skills will not be able to hang on to as many clients as those who follow-up properly every time.
- Consider your peers’ definition of success. If a contractor has had only one or two leads across multiple lead generation sites, then something is definitely not right. If your business is similar to theirs, this could be an indicator that lead generation sites may not work as well for your type of service. However, if a pro expects a 100% success rate from every site they try, you can know that this expectation is simply too high and that their idea of a successful experience with lead generation companies is unrealistic.
Getting advice from other construction industry professionals is always a good way to help grow your own business, but only relying on the word of others can be dangerous. If you want the best possible results, make sure to set aside some time to do your own lead generation search.
Recommendations from other professionals and reputable websites will help to make your decision, but you should also look for companies that have high success rates, user-friendly websites and interfaces, and good customer service.
Lead generation sites like Home Improvement Leads are particularly popular with contracting professionals because they are well-known and can offer a wide array of potential clients who are verified and ready to do business with you today. Before you make your final decision, never sign on the dotted line before you’ve read the fine print. Some lead generation companies may have high fees and contractual obligations that may sway your vote. If you do your research and ask around, you will be well on your way to growing your business through the help of professional lead generation services.
- Research lead generation sites. Start by reading online reviews and rankings of industry-specific companies. Online reviews are valuable tools for the construction industry because they offer the same kinds of advice as your local professional peers, but in higher numbers and across a wider demographic.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in your industry. This will help you to stay relevant to both current and new clients, so during your research it’s a good idea to spend some time reading news articles about any new or up and coming lead generation sites. As professionals become more adept at using technology to help grow their businesses, resources change and adapt to accommodate these new needs.