- Agents typically work Monday through Friday during regular business hours, however many customers submit quote requests on the weekends when they have more disposable time to accomplish errands. Because of this, there can be an advantage to following-up with weekend Home Improvement Leads on the weekend since you can make contact when other agents aren’t working.
- According to a popular lead management system, leads generated on the weekend are 26% more likely to convert. It makes sense — less daily distractions make for more attentive consumers. Less competition also means less risk of consumer confusion or frustration holding up the process. And as we’ve mentioned before in Home Improvement Lead Tip #1: The Early Bird Gets the Contract — there is a huge advantage to the company that contacts a consumer first.
- The same concept applies to off-hour leads — like early morning or night. A contractor could strategically focus their lead flow on hours that are considered too inconvenient by other contractors — but very profitable for those who are working! For example, imagine a contractor who was working incoming leads from 6-to-9 am while their competition is just getting to the office.
- Your experience with a lead company will often depend on the other contractors working in your area. Try experimenting with different or complementary lead types — there might be less competition for certain leads, and once you’ve developed a relationship with that consumer you have a base of people you can cross-sell and get referrals from.
- Also look for trends in the geographic areas you convert well in. Since contractors frequently work specific zip codes, you could discover a sweet spot where the sales regions of your strongest competition don’t overlap.
What do you think about this tip? Do you have one to add? Email your comments and suggestions to: email@example.com